Yellow light on after cut

Hello. I have a Glowforge pro and just finished a engrave/cut that took around 1.75 hours. After cutting it the head moved back to left top corner the button is now yellow steady and I can hear a fan running or something but not the loud exhaust fan. Any ideas? It is not too hot nor too cold on the room. Thank you.

1 Like

Are you sure the machine is within these parameters?
-The Glowforge Basic is designed for use between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75°F (24°C). The Pro has an expanded operating range up to 81°F (27°C).

2 Likes

Yes most definitely in that range.

Was the exhaust fan running during use? If not is the exhaust fan turned on?
Are you measuring the temp inside the machine? Perhaps cold air is entering from outside?
Do you have a filter connected or is it directed outside? Maybe the exhaust fan is turned off?

2 Likes

Hi. Exhaust fan is on. Temp outside is around 78 and inside it is around 70.

1 Like

I turned off the machine as I had to pick up my child. I turned it back on and seems fine. I just want to figure out what could have caused that to happen

Sorry I wasn’t much help. Keep us in the loop if you figure it out.

2 Likes

No need to be sorry. I appreciate you trying to help me very much

1 Like

Another thing to check, the exhaust fan grill can become face loaded on the inside restricting airflow which would reduce the cooling efficiency.

1 Like

Thank you I will check. I wish the design had a removable grill to have better access for cleaning.

1 Like

Yes, that would have been an improvement. There may be a few scraps of masking there, but most of it is ash/smoke particles that crumble easily and can be sucked out with a shopvac.

2 Likes

And always check the air intake on the underside of the machine. If a piece of paper or something got sucked against the grille, you can also have problems.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.