Yellow light with no laser activity

I dont know what happened, but I was cutting earlier and then all of a sudden it stopped cutting and etching. At first it would just act like it was cutting but the laser wasn’t doing anything. We cleaned everything we could, eventually it go the point where the laser tube wasn’t emitting any color or light. After that the button turned yellow and now I cant get it to do anything.
later the light turned teal, but it wouldnt move the laser it just kept saying centering

Welcome to the forum! Support will come along shortly to help you. Perhaps some more experienced members will have suggestions.

2 Likes

Check the connections of the white cable that goes to the head – both ends. Also clean the contacts between the head and carriage plate, and make sure the ones on the head spring back properly when pressed in.

2 Likes

Teal means that the machine has lost its connection to the WIFI and you need to go through the startup procedure to get a secure connection.

A yellow light and stopping while cutting means the machine thinks it is overheating. Even when the room temp is under the max temp if the machine has been doing a lot it can overheat itself and pause while cutting and not continue till it cools down. If the sensor or the connection to the sensor has an issue it will think it is overheating as well but even starting cold will still see overheating.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!
I got my first yellow button yesterday. I did what @geek2nurse suggested where you reset the printer head (always a great first step) and it resolved it.

The GF staff should be along soon and can help figure out what error your machine might have been having but resetting the printer head is just a good proactive step to take. Here are the instructions for that:

1 Like

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble with this! Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.