Yet another clock

I present The Harwell. A mix of cutting, engraving and scoring and ink-infill for a 7 tube Dekatron clock. All open source and open design. Turned out well (I think)!

46 Likes

Dang!

3 Likes

Mind blown by glowing tubes and dials!

5 Likes

tenor

10 Likes

It’s strange that something so electrical, so mechanical should look so beautiful.

This looks just so brilliant, I want to say “lovely”, but that seems the wrong sort of word for what it is.

6 Likes

The things you do. Excellent.

3 Likes

WOW…just wow!

5 Likes

So nice, what a beauty!

4 Likes

That is not just “another clock” That is very impressive!

7 Likes

wow. that is stunning.

3 Likes

That is one fancy clock! Well done!

3 Likes

This is so cool

4 Likes

Whoa. So much awesome in this project. :heart_decoration:

4 Likes

Wow! I can think of a dozen old style sci-fi films this would have been a perfect for!

4 Likes

Thanks folks! Whilst I can’t take the credit for a lot of the electronics (I collaborate with a good friend on these things), I can for the case and the overall aesthetic… :slight_smile: We do have kits and ready built clocks for sale if anyone is interested. I keep a small website with all our gadgets at stocksclocks.com. Having the Glowforge (and a couple of Prusa printers) makes this all possible, something that wasn’t so easy before I decided to take the plunge on the ‘kickstarter’. So glad that I did. I learned a few things during this build, how to get reproducible clean ink-infill and how to disperse LED light in an even fashion. I’ve probably over-engineered a few things in that regard, but part of the learning process is what I enjoy about these things. There are also some incredible resources on this forum too and so many creative uses of the Glowforge.

Cheers,

Nick

6 Likes

Beautiful! Looks like a museum piece!

4 Likes

Wow! Looks fantastic.

3 Likes

Wow. That is impressive I’ve been following the Nixie tube rebirth and admire the passion for the tube era. It is so much more engaging.

4 Likes

Put it into your profile. Then when people are very interested in what they see they can click your profile and see if it is available for sale. Click on SQW or MARK14 or WENNING08 above to see how that looks.

Awesome project. Keep up the good work…

4 Likes

Very nice work! Love design.

2 Likes