Yeti tumbler

What settings did she use?

I never tried painting stainless either but this is what I found:

Cleaning

Preparation is critical to promoting adequate paint adhesion. Stainless steel should be washed with a water-based degreasing agent before the application process begins. Soap and degreasers must be thoroughly rinsed, as they can interfere with adhesion.

Abrasion

Before any paint is applied, stainless steel should be coated in a galvanized metal-etching primer, using a paintbrush manufactured for latex paints. After the primer cures for 4 to 6 hours, painting can begin.

Paint

Although virtually any type of paint will bond to a properly prepared stainless-steel surface, a two-part epoxy paint is the preferred coating. It provides durability and an attractive sheen.

Application

Because stainless steel is so slick, professional painters often dilute the paint with 1 ounce of water to every gallon of paint. This helps promote a smooth, professional-looking finish, free of unattractive brushstrokes.

Warnings

Stainless steel should never be painted unless it has first been abraded with a galvanized metal-etching primer. No other type of primer will promote adequate adhesion. Never paint over an unprimed stainless-steel surface, or the finish will chip and peel soon after application.

3 Likes

Its pretty forgiving, since itā€™s steel under the paint. The power level depends on the paint thickness. Start at 500 speed, full power. If it doesnā€™t burn through, run it again. I have tried the slowest speed at full and found it warped the steel bottle because of thermal expansion! So start slow and ramp up.

1 Like

Moving to Beyond the Manual so the non-PG settings donā€™t have to be removed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What paint are you using, specifically is it dishwasher safe?

They come painted; you engrave off the paint. Or thatā€™s how the ones Iā€™ve seen look to me, anyway. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.