Yo yo stand

Had a request to make this Yoyo stand the other day. It turned out pretty good.

35 Likes

I love the double pedestal; that’s a lovely touch. For improved stability, or just for nice looks?

3 Likes

They wanted it to be a way to display all there kids yoyos so I off set so you can see them all at one time. These are just sample yoyos

2 Likes

That is really nice!

2 Likes

Maybe it’s jut me, but, it makes me happy to know that somewhere out there there are still kids playing with Yo-Yos. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah, the state of Yo… nice work!

10 Likes

Terrific! Didn’t know what it would look like and now I do. Nice!

2 Likes

Me too.

At some point I had collected about 300 yo-yos, many were vintage long before I was born. My son and family lives in my first house in another state. He asked about all the stuff I left. Told him he could throw out or sell anything he wanted except my yo-yo collection and my father’s trains.

8 Likes

Great display design, I never would have thought about using the center groove to mount the yo-yos up!

3 Likes

This is an awesome way to hang a yo-yo!

3 Likes

So simple, yet so useful.

2 Likes

I hear you about Smothers. Had a great act to show his talent.
He was the only person I ever knew who had more than one yo yo.
Apparently, @wenning08 knows another, heh heh.

6 Likes

As I posted earlier, have about 300 stored elsewhere. I keep a couple within arms reach. Always walked around at work with a yo-yo as a stress reducer. 20th century version of a fidget spinner.

Posted this in Dec 2015. Laser etched YoYos and Tops My favorite yo-yos were made by Tom Kuhn Yo-Yos from maple and laser engraved with mandala patterns or other art. I intended to try laser engraving some plain wood yo-yos myself but never got round tuit.

11 Likes

It freaking looks awesome.

4 Likes