Your all time favorite project

What’s your favorite all time project you made? I know it’s hard to pick just one but I’m curious to see what everyone picks and made that they feel is most important to them. If you’d like to share a photo and what it is I’d love to see them all.

It’s so hard to choose but right now I think my favorite would have to be this little Apple Watch tv stand. But I like so many others too… lol.

30 Likes

One?!?
Right this evening it’s probably this one, anytime I pick it up I get mesmerized :slight_smile:

(Mandala Layered Trivet)

29 Likes

Ooo that looks cool

3 Likes

I’d probably come up with a different answer every time I was asked this, but the one I thought of this time was my crane lantern.

(More images at Crane Lantern)

21 Likes

Probably the cork coaster set I made for my dad on Father’s Day. It turned out nicely but I think it’s my favorite because of how much he liked it.

16 Likes

Sorry, I can’t pick one. Its like asking which is my favorite child… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

This looks great. I’ve been wanting to make something like that for awhile but I don’t think I’d make it near as cool as yours.

2 Likes

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I’m glad he enjoyed it so much.

2 Likes

Hard question. Think I’d have to go with this one…

17 Likes

Oh, so many horcruxes to choose from! I don’t think I could ever choose the same ‘favorite’ piece on two different days, but today…I’m going to choose my Alpha Centauri Geology Lab. My Grandfather was a WWII and Korean War veteran, but my whole life I knew him, he taught high school geology and would always point out different rock formations and layers in the mountainsides as we drove around, and never passing up an opportunity to crack open a geode. I’m fairly certain he is the reason I’m drawn to rocks and crystals and gems…their vibrations resonate in my blood, like they apparently did in his. He passed almost 20 years ago, but I still carry him with me and think about him all the time.

19 Likes

Every design is a favorite when I’m working on it! I guess the one I remake the most often is this one, since I tend to give them away:

It’s also the only design I’ve ever submitted to the catalog, so I didn’t have to track down pictures!

8 Likes

Awesome, that came out of the only design challenge I ever posted here! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Indeed it did! :slightly_smiling_face: I also have a four-axis version lying around, but I think three is the sweet spot.

5 Likes

I guess mine would be the Reuleaux Triangle boxes:

13 Likes

Indeed there have been several high points. As something so tricky I am not likely to go there again this would have to be the case but there are several more to love.

12 Likes

My acrylic clock was my all time favorite project.

It was a shame when it was knocked off the wall. Never quite recovered.

Still working on a mantel version in the back of my head. Hope to complete it sometime. Really just looking for a better “power” source or more efficient gear train.

Edit: Adding the original thread link:

23 Likes

Oh man, just one favorite?

This week, I think it’s my Outrage Emergency case. I whipped this up in about 15 minutes for an author friend who got a 1-star review on her book because it had “salty language” in it.

It seems to resonate with people, because I keep seeing it reposted by random people on social media, and it’s become my second-best seller after my acrylic cat butt puzzles.

15 Likes

There’s a 7(?) year old kid next door. His Dad had commented when we borrowed their mower that when we put it back to be sure to tuck it into the corner, otherwise his kid would be sitting in the garage spinning the wheels…so I made him your spinner as a thank you :smiley: I’m not sure the kid ever saw the original one cuz Dad was sure he’d break it (and my comments that I could make it again if he did fell on deaf ears), but I made it again twice the size (using 1/4" material) so Dad would stop worrying. Thanks for the design!

7 Likes

Nice! What did you use for the axles, or did you adjust those holes back down?

The latter - I’d had to adjust them already to fit the particular toothpicks I had, so it was a snap to adjust them again :slight_smile:

2 Likes