YOUR need (Poll)

Gosh, it sounds like it’s a real hassle for you! I hope the UI improves in such a way that might help you with that!

1 Like

Everyones shoes rub a little different but yes this is my biggest daily irritant.

2 Likes

I agree, that and reliable placement of graphics. I threw out a piece I didn’t realize I’d resized the other day.

2 Likes

Ditto. I do as much in design time as possible now but when I don’t this would be great.

3 Likes

I’m doing that too, but I’ve been cutting out the Escher fish from every weird leftover piece of whatever is in the machine. Mostly works fine but the GFUI doesn’t see any better than I do without my glasses some days

4 Likes

To be honest, I wanted to check just about all of them. Very hard to chose.

5 Likes

Us Mainers prefer “Ranked Choice” voting at the polls.

4 Likes

Interesting results so far. Surprised at the gap between #1 and the rest. Still hoping to hear from many more though. :grin:

I’m not. Saving settings is something everyone wants to do because everyone has to set them. Over & over again :smiling_face:

The rest, like numerical positioning are things that only come up with specific use cases. Many folks here are doing perfectly well just using camera placement for instance, but if they want to repeat a project they have to enter the settings in all over again.

1 Like

Actually there is an undo button, and with more than one step.

1 Like

:facepunch:(bump)

Was hoping to get a nice, round 100 voters. Any more takers?

1 Like

OK, voted but comment from earlier still holds. I was number 80 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be surprised if there are currently 100 actual owners / users on the forum. It’s tough to vote without some experience with the units.

4 Likes

Actually I abstained. Mine was a little simpler and it’s not listed.

I think a small “test-cut” button with a small half inch square would be super handy to have, no matter which file you have open.

(But it’s hopperized. They’ll get to it when they can.)

Everything you’ve got listed I have no trouble working around now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

you can always have another tab open…

1 Like

In the GFUI? Didn’t think of that. Not a bad work-around. :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, one doesn’t need to actually have one to know what they need. But it would help.

Do people without a glowforge even have access to the gfui?

only if you’re sharing someone else’s.

Nope. But I think many people still know (or at least think they know) what they need from their laser.