Zelda Heart Container Lamp/Nightlight

Hi Everyone! While I was working on the heart container key chain, I came across another image I wanted to use for something, my creative squirrel distraction system kicked in and I figured it was time to try something with lights. I had this string of lights I got at Michael’s for a couple bucks on sale a while back, figured I’d find a way to make that work. Then I realized that the inside would be lit up, and I needed a way to light the front, so the mini spot-light was born! Assembly was an all day pain in the neck, as my wire trench wasn’t really big enough and I was trying to cram 10 lbs of wiring and lights in to a 5 lb bucket, plus my posts were too big for the holes in the “stage” so I had to break out the razor blade and make them fit. Oh, and I ended up needing a cardstock spacer I cut on my Cricut. Not a very reproduce-able design that I’d be proud to share, sorry :frowning:

I did engrave the front side of the acrylic instead of the back side, normally I’d want the front smooth, but I also engraved the back plate and wanted a little distance between the white engraving of the acrylic and the black engraving on the back plate. The wiring comes in to the hollow middle layer of the stage in the back, up and down through each of the spotlights, then up and around through the heart.

Learned a lot working with this piece, I’m sure lighting and I are not done with each other yet, though I can’t honestly say I’m in a big hurry to try that again. But for all the pain it was, it ended up working out.

Thanks for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

50 Likes

Wow! Love the lights!

6 Likes

I love the spotlights! That’s something I haven’t seen before. I’ve wanted to try my hand at lighting, especially after Christmas when I knew they’d be on sale, but…eh…maybe next year :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Well, aren’t you fancy!! That’s what I strive to have, my work in the spotlight!! That is such a great idea!!

4 Likes

Wow … it looks so sharp with the spotlights!!!

I really don’t understand why I can’t give this two likes!

6 Likes

Spotlights?!! Those are fantastic!

6 Likes

Wow! Love the mini spotlights. So glad you took this foray into lighting. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

4 Likes

Wow!! Those spotlights are awesome!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:
Thanks so much for taking the time to describe the process. (I kept staring at the image trying to figure out where the wires were, and then finished reading your description LOL). If you refine the design of the lights, I bet it would be a huge seller! I’m sure a lot of makers would love to incorporate those into their designs.

5 Likes

What’s not to like about this?
Great job thanks for sharing.

Keep Creating

6 Likes

The spotlights are really ingenious and so cool! (And I can totally sympathize with an all-day builds on what should have been a three hours project. :laughing:) Thanks for sharing your work.

12 Likes

Pretty ingenious! Love the way you dealt with the lights

3 Likes

Oh that’s fabulous! Now I’ve got images in my head of creating tiny theatres with working lights!

5 Likes

Wonderful! Love the lighting!

3 Likes

Spectacular! Your designs are always such a treat; they are so unique. So excited that you are incorporating lights!

3 Likes

That footlighting is really neat, good sign!

15 Likes

Love it! The spotlights are adorable!

1 Like