Link Repository - collection of links

Thanks @wesleyjames . For some reason it never got pinned. I think something to do with the category?!

Also I need to update. But if anyone cares to help with that, I’m open to volunteers.

Two things:

1. Bump for all of the people who have come to the forums recently to notice this.

2. I moved this to Q&A so that it can be pinned. @Dan, can we get some love?

11 Likes

Boop!

7 Likes

Yeah pinned ! Also I’m going to get around to just posting the master link so anyone can edit. Y’all are an awesome forum, so I trust no on will do something stupid.

Life’s been a tad busy, sorry .

5 Likes

You have been missed around here. Glad to have you back.

2 Likes

Hey folks, just don’t have the time to maintain or update this. Here is the link for anyone to to edit or add to the sheet. All I ask is that you all be adults about it. If you plan to do a major change to the sheet, think about posting first and getting some feed back.

Ideas that have been suggested are tags to search by, and better categories. I’ll let all of you guys figure it out.

Sorry, just got a lot on the go. Still have to build a work table for my GF to come!

13 Likes

You did such a massively fantastic job on it… :smiley:

(Don’t know anyone who could step into your shoes…but go get your table done…)

3 Likes

Thanks for taking it as far as you did!

2 Likes

I’d have more time if I had a laser to cut my jigs and parts! Busy filling orders and such(also 16 month old…)
Made the good old fashion way with a hand router, bandsaw, and that good stuff.

15 Likes

That’s beautiful! You cut that by hand? (You don’t need a laser…) :smiley:

3 Likes

Its not that I can’t make them, its the time involved in jig building and some of the inlays. It would cut down my production time to be able to laser 1/8 or 1/4 ply or Masonite to get the basic shape of a jig, then build it up with flush trim bits. Then I can run all my stuff with pattern and flush trim bits. Also I find myself making concession on jig design and part design due to time and physical nature of the cutting techniques.

Every time I want to change or make a new design, I have to redo all the jigs. Also some of the really small pieces are really hard to cut on a router table(read I pray to several gods every time I run some of the smaller pieces).

So one offs I can do, but labour is prohibitive. Leading to higher prices and less sales due to it.

5 Likes

That makes sense.

1 Like

Great work, thanks! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What the heck is that? I’ve never seen it before!

5 Likes

I think it’s new. I just noticed it the other day myself. I think it only applies to the Q&A section as well, but I really haven’t investigated.

1 Like

Huh, cool. They show up in the Q&A section near the titles too! That’s cool, you can tell what has been answered.

5 Likes

Where does it come from, and how/who applies it?

I think the person asking the question gets to determine if something is considered “the” answer.

1 Like

Since discourse was started by one of the founders of Stackoverflow, this does not surprise me!