10% discount on proofgrade and design catalog

Hi

I just reread the post from when the Glowforge was first delayed. At that time the expectation was to get a Glowforge by the end of 2016.

It came among others with the following bonuses:

• You’ll get a 10% discount on all of your Proofgrade™ material orders through 2017.
  • You’ll get a 10% discount when purchasing from our design catalog through 2017.

Would it be possible to get the period expanded to including 2018 or maybe x number of months from when one receives the unit?

What was expected to be a 12 month long period with discounts will for many now be less than 5 months.

13 Likes

Likely even fewer.

Seconded. Motion carried. 12 months from shipping date seems reasonable to me. But maybe it’s not. What do I know.

5 Likes

Most of the time people request stuff like “it should now be free” my eyes roll a little but I think this one is reasonable and I hope @dan and company grants it.

12 Likes

I think we’ll be doing something here, but I’m not going to make any commitments until we get the bulk of our shipments in customers’ hands.

25 Likes

If anyone who didn’t qualify is interested. I will sell you proofgrade materials at a %5 discount. :smile: hahahah

3 Likes

Always looking for good examples of arbitrage.

2 Likes

Any update here, Dan? I still haven’t gotten my Glowforge, and I’m wary to buy a bunch of proofgrade materials blind. I want to test out the samples and then buy a bunch of what i like best, instead of just buying a little more of everything, but at this rate, ill have a month, maaaayyybeee two before my discounts can’t apply anymore.

I’m pretty sure (somebody correct me if I’m wrong) that your Founder’s 10% discount is effective through 2018.

Do you know if that is just the catalog one, or does that include the proofgrade too?

From the June update:

Edit: fix the quote

3 Likes

Yes, that does include Proofgrade.