3D Printer Users - Thumbs Up for PLA PRO (PLA+)

How? How do you do it? I’ve had my lulzbot mini since last fall and have lost all track of how many Kilos of filament I have used.

Since I’ve seen makergeeks mentioned here already, I just got an email from them about a filament sale…two 1KG (2.2lbs) spools for $43.10 for any of their PLA, ABS, PETG and/or HIPS. They’re also doing a surprise ‘grab bag’ where you tell them the thickness and material but the color is completely random- no shipping or tax inside the US!

1 Like

Ambitions too large for my current manufacturing capabilities mostly. I design big grand things and then remember I have a 6x6x6 print bed and have to tone it back.

@jamesdhatch this is exactly the kind of thing I needed! I’ve been designing stuff like this but never thought to find a resource like this, this is perfect. Thank you.

1 Like

Yeah, I have that problem with my CNC router. I would love to be able to do a half sheet of ply at a time for flat pack furniture.

Most of my 3d prints fit the 6x6x6 window and I even wonder how often I’d use the bigger envelope if I had it.

You said it – I’ve been with e-nable for over a year and have printed 100+ hands so far. It’s to the point that I’m looking for a sponsor/endorsement deal for PLA. :wink:

2 Likes

Are you doing hands for kids? That’s usually why folks use PLA - they perceive a lower toxicity (which is true when it’s melting but not an issue when it’s in its stable form after extruding). I do ABS myself and keep an eye out for deals on ebay or across the web.

Which hands are you making? I’ve been helping with some of the R&D working out the kinks on new designs.

Yep, mostly kits for build events that are then sent on to those in need around the globe.

I print 100% PLA as requested, and refuse to get caught up in the ABS vs PLA holy wars… :sunglasses:

1 Like

:grin: most of mine are for demos, adults or R&D so ABS never gets the hackles up. It is funny sometimes when you see what people bitch about.

2 Likes

Just ordered some :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll have to try this out when I run out of the old stuff. thanks!

1 Like