3mm Gold mirror Acrylic perspex UK what settings?

What settings do i use to cut this material, its my first cut and im struggling to find the right settings for this
Thankyou!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Whenever you are using new, non Proofgrade material it is a good idea to do some testing to dial in the settings that best work for you. I have a Glowforge Pro and I cut gold mirror acrylic at 170/full. Mirror acrylic is extruded rather than cast acrylic which is why you may not be able to simply select a cast acrylic Proofgrade setting.

7 Likes

Which GF do you have? The Performance Series (CO2) units can cut pretty much any kind of acrylic, as mentioned above, but the diode-driven Aura & Spark cannot cut clear or translucent acrylics at all.

3 Likes

Numbers 5, 5a and 6 all apply to your issue:

2 Likes

Its a glowforge basic

Unfortuently that still didnt work for me, I used 250/full power , with 3 passes and with a damp towel under which did make a successful cut, still experimenting with the settings, hopefully i get to a point i dont need to put a damp tissue paper underneath, and also flipped the acrylic

You increased the suggested speed from 170 to 250? If something won’t cut, slow the speed until it does. Try 160/full.

2 Likes

This may help you: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033633574-Working-With-Manual-Mode

2 Likes

This may help

…which was linked in #6.

I really think OP should read through it if reading is how they learn. It’s worth the time to get good at testing materials, it’s an investment that will pay you back many times over.

5 Likes

I saw another post that suggested it, i tried what you said and i dont know why i didnt think of that before :woman_facepalming:
I tried 160/full and it worked perfectly! Thankyou so much!!

4 Likes