50$ a month for premium?

is there something you know that we don’t??

Jonathan

They’re just spamming the thread in a disgruntled attempt to keep it from closing after 30 days.

9 Likes

Buyers considering this product should Know the cost of ownership nothing wrong with that.

If it was necessary for use I could go with that but it is not. Literally premium.

4 Likes

Yup - had my Glowforge 5 months, without premium, no difficulties at all!

3 Likes

…on the owner forums…that you can’t join…until after you’ve bought 1(or someone you know invites u to use theirs)…

Do you also complain on your car owners forum that Sirius radio costs extra even though you can bring your own music to play or even listen to free stations?

It’s the true cost of owning the car!!

10 Likes

I DO have premium, but had a ball using my Glowforge for nearly 4 years before premium was even available…so truly, not a cost of ownership at all. Your claim is false and misleading.

10 Likes

You don’t Need SiriusXM radio for the car to perform Basic tasks not sure I understand your point? Plus it was clear at purchase the option was not included.

1 Like

Yet you opted to Pay additional monthly fees to accomplish basic tasks as simple as not deleting your files lol. You can be happy but that doesn’t make this closed system right.

Now substitute out Siriusxm for Premium and car for Glowforge and you should understand the point.

Go way back to the very beginning and the user interface was and has always been intended to be akin to a printer driver.
(Cause this is a laser printer?!? whatever, that’s another horse thoroughly turned to mush)
Print drivers let you alter alignment, margins, toner/ink quality, etc. but does not let you edit, save, or store what you’re trying to print.

Want it to do more? ->Premium

Not worth it to you? Perfectly valid.

Popping in to only bump this thread into everyone else’s feed once a month? Spam

Want Glowforge to know how disappointed and dissatisfied you are about it? Support@glowforge.com

15 Likes

And following with this, I have SiriusXM in my car, not because I am driving every day (since covid more like once a week) but when I need it, I am glad its there, and I pay by the year because its the cheapest deal out there.

Jonathan

6 Likes

Imagine setting a repeating calendar reminder to regularly return to a thread on some forum for a device you no longer own just to complain about an optional service. The thrill of it must be astounding!

I look forward to the monthly fly-by to hear the next verse of the defiant yet futile song.

19 Likes

I opted to further support the company that has allowed me to have an incredible tool to make things I like…plus for the extra features that I enjoy using. Personally, I don’t care if they delete all of my files…I have all of them saved on my hard drive. You are coming off as very unsuccessful in arguing any points on here.

13 Likes

Yet my goal was never to argue. That happens when my option doesn’t agree with others.

I wasn’t tying to get stung….I was just swinging this stick at the bee hive.

It’s not my fault they get all riled up when it’s literally all I ever do when I get here.

I’m completely innocent.

11 Likes

:100:

1 Like

Exactly. At this point the it’s almost fun watching and waiting for the pettycopter do it’s regular fly-by. :laughing:

7 Likes

I’ve noticed that since I got vaccinated my GlowForge has developed a distinctive hum whenever I get close to it. It sounds like the Mario theme, only in a lower key.
BTW, what I just said makes about as much sense as 95% of the complaints I’ve read on this topic. But I did get a good laugh at some of the arguments!
No matter what is done, by any company, somebody will not be happy with it. One can either accept it or live a miserable life complaining about it. Said my piece, now going to watch some Netflix.

18 Likes

:+1:t3: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Are you sure the glowforge didn’t jump up and stick to you?

4 Likes