A little contest from Averly at Glowforge

Oh no, don’t do that! Would love to see what gifts you’ve made.

13 Likes

what @kittski said. this isn’t necessarily about “winning” as much as it is seeing the different things folks have made.

9 Likes

THIS! I don’t even really care if I win. Please post what you made.

8 Likes

I love, love, love the coloring on these.

2 Likes

Last year I made Christmas gifts for my brother’s new family. They each told me something they liked and I made an ornament for them. My favorite is the one for my brother and his girlfriend. They call each other Superman and Wonder Woman. The ornament is held together with tiny magnets and can be hung separately or together.

24 Likes

Probably my favorite is one that hasn’t been used because it’s business cards for a massage therapist friend who hasn’t done a convention since the pandemic hit :stuck_out_tongue: but I still love it!

…and now searching I realized I never posted it to the forum! Whoops - I’ll post it here and then make a MOAG post!!

31 Likes

Wow! So much creative energy and inspiration here.
When I first wandered into this forum back in 2015, it occurred to me, this is a special group of people - everyone gathered here is drawn to this tool for the same reason. This machine would further our creative ability. I knew then I had found my people.

13 Likes

And you even made a hat box for it, too! That’s awesome, love me some steampunk decor!

3 Likes

Rockler Blue tooth speaker

42 Likes

My best projects are always gifts for others. Having the ability to customise them is the best.

One of my favorites was one of the simplest. I had some of my father’s stuff from his barn. I took a shelf from a piece he had hanging up in barn. Cut it down to size, then engraved, cut holes, and stained it. I stitched to a basket from Target and added some goodies. I also had some proofgrade veneer to stick to a bottle opener.

23 Likes

I made this around 6 months ago I think. It wound up being a gift months later for my sister in law. I painted it with Posca acrylic paint pens after engraving on the Glowforge.

35 Likes

Sorry - I’m just liking everything here - no way I could pick! AWESOME work all!

My stuff is boring woodworking stuff - I use the GF to do a lot of embellishments like trees on frames, or precision cuts for small parts that I don’t want to dare try on the bandsaw. Posting those things doesn’t seem like it fits with this as they’re just parts!

6 Likes

I know I won’t win, but I still wanted to share! Everyone should! This is about being part of the community!

7 Likes

Here is my Zelda themed d20.

22 Likes

I just hope Avery gets our permission before using it in an ad.

Jonathan

they’ve always asked me before reusing my images.

5 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree!

3 Likes

We will definitely ask for permission if we choose to showcase anyone’s submission :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This was one of my first engraved wallets with glowforge. I drew this on the ipad, engraved it on some leather, and hand painted using feibings dye and Angelus paint.

I also made my wife a wallet for valentines day.

53 Likes

I made this name sign for my 4 year old nephew Daniel who likes all things construction related. The sign is made of maple plywood and acrylic. I used duct tape markers for color. It hangs in his bedroom.

17 Likes