A note for folks thinking about disassembling or modifying your Glowforge

I’m a bit puzzled by that.
Wouldn’t you expect the ‘fins’ of any heat exchange system to be in the path of the air as it travels from the outside, through the machine, and out the exhaust ?
As I write that, I can see that it might be on the ‘upstream’ of the work area. Is that the case ?
John

2 Likes

Yes the heat exchanger I believe is located with the intake fan so the first thing it does is go there. Still I do not know what allowances are made for dust and other stuff taken by the intake fan the could be in the room the Glowforge is in. Not so bad if in an air conditioned office but in a dusty workshop that could be an issue.

edit: In digging about I see I could be wrong in this as there are fins near the exhaust port but those are cleanable by a rag damp with hand-cleaner that is my goto carp solvent.

1 Like

those cheap china laser are better then a Glowforge, i know i have 2 of them and one Glowforge in parts on my workbench and this was the 3rd one they sent and it stop working 3 days after the warranty.run out that $4000 and they still want a 1100 to send this one back the Glowforge is a money pit