Acrylic and wood display

Always good to start at home.

Wow, really great design and execution. I think the standoffs would be a nice final touch, but I don’t think it needs anything else. It’s bold, simple, easy to understand and eye catching. I especially like the slate coaster. The color adds a nice balance to the dark background.

Did you just glue the coaster on top and any issues in doing so? (I always want to engrave and recess things and I don’t think it’s always really necessary.)

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Yes, I just glued the coaster with Loc-Tite glue. No issues. Super solid.

1 Like

Cool, good to know. I was wondering if the uneven surface of the slate would be an issue.

1 Like

I’m saving this pic so that I can show people how versatile the glowforge is. Once again fantastic.

1 Like

The white on the acrylic is so clear! I have done this with the black contrast in the background and it didnt nearly look this clean. What settings did you use for the engrave? TY!
Also… how did you handle finger prints. I was constantly wiping mine down then finally used latex gloves. Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum.

As you have discovered, there is a wealth of information here. The thread you have joined is three years old, so sometimes the original poster may not still be active or have the notes for the project.

Utilizing the search function of the forum will give you lots of results concerning all things Glowforge.