Afraid to Clean It!

My mom always said “A thing of beauty is a job forever

3 Likes

Thanks

Thanks, I will try this!

1 Like

They did improve access to the back of that fan but I gather the lawyers had some fixation of a child sticking their fingers in and getting sued when the fingers were cut or something.

That back fan may have been the second weakest part of the design. I think of the Space Shuttle and the millions spent on the tiles to stand up to all the heat and totally forgot to think about the glue that held the tiles to the shuttle. :man_facepalming: Nobody can think of everything.

2 Likes

I’m sure not just their own lawyers. There are design standards that they have to abide by for various certifications. One example of those is unprotected fans/fan guards.

4 Likes

Pictures of the Fan and its location

Jonathan

FB is full of fake, inacurate and plain dumb information. Why would you trust hearsay whey :glowforge: officially has a cleaning method? Think of this forum as the most valuable tool and resource that comes included with your purchase. There are very knowledgeable and experienced forum members that are also very generous with their time and advice and will gladly answer your questions or point you in th right direction, as you have already witnessed.
Also the search function in the top right is your friend. Chances are whatever your question is, someone has already asked it and there are literally hundreds of replys.

5 Likes

I’m going on 3 years and haven’t done a deep clean yet. I occasionally wipe the lenses with the alcohol wipes but I avoid disconnecting the ribbon cable when cleaning the head. Everyone will have different experiences depending on their level of use and the materials they are burning.
I think the main thing is just be gentle with it and don’t scrub inside with a rag that may hook something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.