Amaziograph a drawing app on the ipad

My little aquarium; (from Capture)

Here 'tis…

10 Likes

Way cool. Could also post a picture of the aquarium that came from, so we could see what the software does to it? - Rich

2 Likes

Omg, how have I only JUST heard about Adobe Capture after reading this thread?? I only downloaded it five minutes ago and I’m already having way too much fun. The ‘shapes’ category is awesome, and I think it may actually produce vector images! (maybe, all I know so far is that the image can be opened in illustrator haha).

5 Likes

Love it!

6 Likes

yes, “shapes” produces grouped, editable vectors for Ai. Portable image tracing!

3 Likes

Amazing!! Just from playing with it at my desk I’ve already been able to get some pretty workable files. So so cool.

3 Likes

I noticed that you posted a PNG file for the forum… does the Amaziograph app have an option to output vectors, or only bitmaps?

1 Like

Don’t have my ipad with me, but I’m pretty sure it’s only bitmaps. Still fun to play with… I also use Capture (my profile pic is a vectorization it generated).

4 Likes

PNG.
you have the option to
Export RAW images: Include transparent areas in saved images, for use in photo editing software.
High resolution artwork: Turn off for better performance, but lower resolution. The setting applies for all drawings.

Screen shot of patterns you can pick from.

8 Likes

Yes, it does trace the drawing and vectorize it. That was the main reason I got it about a year ago, but I thought I found out about it on here somewhere back then.

5 Likes

Love it, can’t wait to really explore its potential. Haha it’s very possible Adobe Capture was mentioned waaaay back and I just completely overlooked it :smile:

3 Likes

:sunglasses: I first found out about it in a post in last December…

4 Likes

Haha, like I said, saw it and skipped right over it :upside_down:

1 Like

Maybe this is the right place to ask this question. I was taught this optical illusion drawing thing awhile ago and I don’t know if it has a specific name. You draw a circle, and then you put “points” on the circle at regular intervals around the edge (I’ve found every 15 degrees or so works great), and then you draw a line from each point to every other point. If you are precise, the finished product looks like half of a 3D ball with concentric circles going out from the center.

Does anyone know what this is called? Or if it even has a name?

2 Likes

Are you talking about sort of the inverse of this?

not sure what it is called…

4 Likes

I remember doing this when I should’ve been doing x-y intercepts in math class. :relaxed: - Rich

4 Likes
9 Likes

While I do those kinds of drawings as well, this is what I was trying to describe.

SO many possibilities with this, if you only connect the lines in the middle, the outside edges, middle third etc… I’m planning on making a bunch of coasters (and other things) with these kinds of designs.

9 Likes

@dwardio Yeah, that is showing the kinds of things I was hoping to do with this. I didn’t know that someone already wrote up any kind of tutorial for it already.

In a similar vein, has anyone clicked on Amaziograph’s Related tab in the app store? Some additional iPad apps that might be worth checking out…

iOrnament ($3.99) touts Apple Pencil support for those sporting an iPad Pro and 3D Touch on the newer iPhones.
https://youtu.be/yaNXcUreqCA

KaleidoPaint (freeware) GNU license, avail on iOS and Android

The list gets even longer. Type “Spirograph” in the app store search.

5 Likes