And i finally nailed the photo engraving

So that was the first time i have ever posted anything on this forum and didn’t until now see that there’s been so many comments!! My apologies! But here was my process…

I have been using the App Lightroom. (And please forgive me I’m self taught and have no graphic design background so my terminology may be off).

I pretty much lighten the photo almost to the point of blowing it out. Sharpen A LOT, raise the “grain”, etc etc.

As for my settings, i convert to dots, speed 1000, precision 100, lines 270 and viola!

And trust that this has taken A LOT OF TIME, wasted material and patience :woman_facepalming:t3:

24 Likes

Here is another i just finished.

21 Likes

Thank you for following up!

1 Like

Another fine result.

1 Like

If you would care to, it might help people trying to replicate this level of result if you uploaded small versions of the artwork as loaded into the GF UI. The examples showing the levels and contrast are useful targets when editing.

1 Like

Me too!

You definitely have a back for it!

:slight_smile: thanks!!!

Amazing… Mine just arrived and still in the box. I’m just exploring the site and amazed by all the great work and a bit intimidated as well.lol

1 Like

Welcome! :sunglasses:

Understandable faced with the unknown, but speaking from experience you have a great adventure ahead of you. Any help you may need is found right here. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I understandably photo prep. But how are you getting the color on a white tile?