Another overachieving startup

Looking forward to seeing the reviews!

2 Likes

I am not shopping for a 3d printer, but all the new innovations keep me drooling. Please post reviews.

Yeah it is more expensive, but I need the speed. 950cc/hr. I do a lot of agile design, so quick turns will be super helpful.

5 Likes

I can see where print speed is a big advantage in your use. Do you have any info on when yours will ship? I contacted them about availability but they were a bit soft in their estimate - hopefully that just means they have a huge backorder list and not manufacturing problems.

1 Like

So there is a new update today on KS, which says they have just moved into a larger production facility (10000sqf) and are finalizing packaging testing, and they had tweaked the color of the resin slightly. So hopefully soon?

5 Likes

That looks encouraging. The price is high enough and the delivery time long enough that it seems worthwhile to wait for user reviews before committing if using disposable income that is limited.

2 Likes

The OLO had an update today that says they are slipping another month, because they have to redesign the PCB board with a new micro controller that will clean some signal it needs. I really doubt that it will only slip one month. -doh!

4 Likes

I’m having pretty severe doubts about the Ono now, and am not sure I will ever get a working unit that lasts more than a week or two.

I did just receive the Wanhao Duplicator 7 DLP printer and am waiting for resins to be delivered. Judging for FB posts, that one also has some issues but there have been some very detailed prints produced by some users.

I’m still waiting Slash production news, other than what @henryhbk linked to. When I contacted them by email, I was told July-ish.

2 Likes

I really doubt that Ono will be shipping printers within a month, since they need to design the PCB, install it, inspect and approve the thing. I think they will need to do that in a hurry because they are already in a mass production stage.

1 Like

Let’s hope not…

8 Likes