Any chance we can make a "Definitely NOT Laser-able" thread?

And puppies, please!

2 Likes

No, you can laser puppies. Especially chihuahuas.

5 Likes

Mmmm… maybe without the tray…:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

…even though it’s days later.

10 Likes

It took him a while to walk here!

5 Likes

Ooh! Can I laser Gingy?

Anyone know anything about ABS specifically an otterbox phone case? I keep reading conflicting information. One said cyanide…

The SDSs that I have seen all mention hydrogen cyanide.

What does that mean?

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/ershdb/emergencyresponsecard_29750038.html

Thanks

We’ll take that as a “NO” to laserable… Although the part “… It interferes with the normal use of oxygen by nearly every organ of the body…” has me wondering what organs it can’t affect !!(The organs that laugh in the face of Hydrogen cyanide as they use their oxygen normally.) :thinking:

4 Likes

Well technically it interferes with free electron transport which is part of cellular aerobic metabolism. I’ve only ever treated cyanide poisoning once in my career (murder suicide). The suicide was successful the murder was not (treated successfully with methylene blue); ingestion is possible to treat, but inhalation of the gas is so fast you don’t live to treatment (not a lot of things induce cellular death in seconds, but hydrogen cyanide does).

5 Likes

Ooh, they not only got to survive, but they got to be stained a beautiful color, too!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

A work around someone posted in a Facebook group was the 3D printed a record from pla and laser cut that.