Artists, Makers, Crafters - what do you do with your "extra" creations?

That’s all part of the learning process. I have the same reaction to see some of my old computer code :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Unfortunately, my jewelry making and glassblowing are still in the early days, I just know they are going to be despised by me in the future, but I just have to keep pushing forward to get better. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ha, my coworkers often hear me mutter, “who wrote this crappy code - oh, wait, that was me!” At least we’ve grown enough to recognize how crappy it is …

11 Likes

Yeah, old work is a yardstick measuring from whence I came - so I just grit my teeth… but I have been known to repurpose a stone or metal for a new design. I do hate dropping a polished piece in the crucible and watching the culmination of my previous effort dissolve into a puddle… But the experience I gained in the original work remains, so all is not lost.

7 Likes

I’m the president of the Arts Council where I live and I’m constantly soliciting artists to sell items at our location. It’s a great way to support the arts in your community. We take a 30% commission on everything we sell, but some artists just give us work, which of course creates more income and transforms into local arts programming. That may be an outlet for some of your work.

8 Likes