Bag of Bones and a Color Question

More swag, courtesy @Drea – Thanks! :squee:

8 Likes

EXACTLY!!! haha I have some old cartridges since Canon is so KIND as to make sure that with each new printer they make new types of cartridges they require and make sure that your printer craps the bed ever couple of years… I have been thinking I will use them next go round! They are so heavily pigmented I have a feeling they will go a long way… let’s share if one of us gets to it first. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had a 1401 All-in-one printer for about 9 years now. Takes HP21/22 ink. It is still going strong and sometimes I really just wish that it would crap out so I could justify getting myself a new one with more “features”.

an HP? I always plan on going to another company but the print quality on Canons is amazing… but I tell you the amount of trouble I have had with those all in ones (3 in 5 years)…people have filed class action suits over it… but I show them (Tongue firmly in cheek) and buy generic refillable ink now and oddly have had the longest run yet with this one. LOL (I better find some wood to knock on before it explodes later lol)

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had issues with HP machines (laptops) but I’ve only had this one HP printer and it is really well made. I had an Epson all through college, and then for a few years after. I got this HP because of the ability to scan documents, and it’s done just about everything I’ve asked of it. The print quality is not REALLY photo quality, even on the best setting. But honestly, I don’t have much reason to print off photos, I’d actually rather get them printed at the store (USB, immediate print, pay, done).

The cartridges are anywhere between $15 - 20 per cartridge (Black or color cartridge) and they last me a decent amount of time, but I’ve noticed that if I don’t print something every week or so the cartridge will run out “faster” (fewer papers per cartridge)

Ecch, so many nightmares with these! Made the mistake of buying one myself, and have also worked in two different offices that used them. They were just problems all around - these were all HP machines, so can’t speak to other brands.

2 Likes

I like the Epson printers, but I’m not a professional and personally hardly ever use one outside of work.

I soured on HP a long time ago when they wanted a premium but without the build quality that had earned them the premium in the first place.

2 Likes

Had an HP all in one with all the bells. Nothing but trouble with it, when it reported the cartridges were expired and refused to work until they were replaced, I punted it.

My HP dv7 laptop from Costco has been a workhorse for 7 years without any problems.

1 Like