Bees and Lavender

not to discount your wife’s opinion, but the brown looks nice, and i assume it’s pressure-treated so you don’t have to worry on that count. paint might look nice but either one seems a lot of work to do ex post facto lol.

Yeah. I think the height of it gives it a backyard raised garden look and she’d rather that look stay in the back. If the WAR demands it, I have enough wood. I could rip some shorter or paint them, but swapping them out might be a chore. I suppose I could jam new one into the ground and try to get them into the slot with the current ones, then pull the old ones out or something. Let’s just hope she lets me keep it.

1 Like

Good to know. I’ve got about 15 minutes without an EpiPen if I’ve been stung. I found out the hard way that Fire Ants have the same basic protein based venom and I landed at the ER when I started to go into shock. Two bites…

Even so I have considered a hive. However we have the africanized variety here in the VI. So I stay away. But I admire those who support what bees do. Pollenize (sp) the world and feed us.

1 Like

http://www.fungi.com/blog/items/bee-friendly-research-update-3.html

3 Likes

God save the queen…:honeybee:

2 Likes