Betas, Maker Faire, Production

Looks like Santa Clause might be busy this year. :grinning:
Thank you so much for taking the time to update us, plus we get to see all of the fabulous team you have working on our GlowForges. :blush:

4 Likes

Just to clarify, will you be shipping in January and February with a goal of having all units shipped by March or will you be shipping all units in March? I ordered just beyond the cutoff and am wondering if I’ll be busy with my new glowforge in Jan/Feb or if I’ll be looking more at the March date.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update @dan. I know that we have all been eager to know how progress is going.

I know many of us had suspected as much but it is very reassuring to hear this. I’m also so excited to see photos of work in progress. It really gives a whole new level of reality with something as simple as a photo. Please keep this up as opportunities arise.

I was wondering if this means there will be a JoshForge 3 in the future.

This one confused me a little. If you are having a cool-down pause, doesn’t that mean you can’t cut since you need to cool down? Anyone else feel free to jump in on this one I may not have read it right.

Again I can’t thank you guys enough for being so transparent as a company and so willing to engage your customers every day. This gives me high hopes for quality customer support in the future.

5 Likes

Oh and for anyone going to maker fair, PLEASE take lots of pictures and video!!!

12 Likes

I plan on going, it is only 90 miles south so not a bad trip. I will take all the pictures they let me.

9 Likes

I’ll be in NYC. I’ll stop by the booth and see if I can get some shots.

8 Likes

I’m definitely going to Maker Faire Seattle!

4 Likes

Thanks for the update

4 Likes

Just to join in the chorus of appreciation.(You do not want to know how hilariously I misspelled that word. Maybe Freud had something)

6 Likes

I like the new office.

And it wasn’t until you said the twins are in second grade that I realized my oldest is the same age as them ><

Maximize time between pauses, means maximize actual cutting time.

3 Likes

The idea is to dissipate heat more effectively while printing so we cut longer before we pause to cool.

9 Likes

I think Seattle heard I was coming and altered it’s weather to be more to my liking. :yum:

4 Likes

We might even have thunderstorms tomorrow! Rain is very seattle, but thunder is not.

6 Likes

Stay dry and have a great Makerfaire!!! I’m ½ a twin ( have sister in Florida getting lots of water now). Her birthday is Saturday !:wink: Thanks for the update !!!

3 Likes

Thank you @dan SO much for this update. I really appreciate hearing about the various things that are going on with the production and manufacture of the GF. I’ve been putting together plans to build myself a new desk so that the GF can sit next to my computer and right in front of a window for easy ventilation. These updates make it much easier to know when to build it so the space doesn’t get taken up with “stuff”.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. But the one question I didn’t see answered - do you still think we are on track? or we will be delayed again?

2 Likes

And from the initial post…

I just moved here a year ago and there wasn’t nearly as much rain as I expected… but the locals all said it was the worst winter in a while in terms of rainfall.

For the record I love the rain and was hoping for a lot of it!

5 Likes

+1 Would like to get a straight answer on this one from @dan

Moving as fast as possible is what you are doing. It has no bearing on if you will hit your target or not.

That “on time” part seems to be indicative of hitting the target.

4 Likes