Better kitty solution

I read quite a few amazon reviews complaining of clogs and the smell of baked kitty poop. I assume that hasn’t happened to you?

I’ve never had a clog, but the baked poo can happen. If it fails to scoop entirely and what gets left makes it through the wash cycle.

It’s not a common thing, however. At least not for my kitty. Maybe a once every few months thing. When it happens I just use a scoop and get the offending item out of the drying granules and put it in the waste chute to process when it runs next.

Not to mention the clean up when they have loose stools. These things are not contained, and the mess is all over.

I still have mine in the storage room, for someday, for science!

1 Like

When last I had to take care of a cat (housemate’s cat, but housemate couldn’t deal with cat litter for health reasons) I got a couple of these:

Worked quite well. Roll it over upside down, then back. Pull out the drawer with the scooped poop and urine clumps. Also used

to store it until trash day.

2 Likes

I wonder how a Nature’s Miracle Self-Cleaning cat-poop robot (or three) like we have would stand up to your kitty community? We bought one for our fuzzbuddy a few years ago and would never go back to a manual solution unless we were going to be homeless. Seriously, not touching the stuff pretty much ever is AWESOME.

The Omega Paw is fantastic, and I take it a step further with flushable clumping cat litter. Roll it, thump it, flush it and get on down the road.

Easiest way to deal with it - no treasure hunts at all, no baked kitty poop and it takes less time to cycle than the automatic ones. Literally two minutes. :smile:

I have two of those in storage too! Too big for our place right now, but DEFINITELY the best ones I have found for the money that do the best job!!!

Meh. Just get a dog. Every litter box is now self cleaning. :smile:

PS- hilarity!! (The cat one is great too-his other works are awesome but some language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1C5T-fH2Y

2 Likes