Bluetooth mini boombox

I still have my OSBORNE 1. Modem and all. :slight_smile:

5 inch crt monitor. dual floppies what a BEAST!!!

6 Likes

Your speaker project has me casting an eye around for potential repackaging. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Those are really cool looking. They have a retro future look. Museum worthy in my opinion!

5MB? Wow! (Less than a photo. We’ve come a long way baby!) :smile:

1 Like

I have that speaker! It’s attached to my GF cabinet to stream music or old time radio shows :smile:

1 Like

How funny! If you ever decide to tear it apart, there are screws hidden under the rubber feet. Pealing them off reveals four screws.

1 Like

That was the production region size we ran an insurance company’s claim system on a big mainframe (370). It was really a big deal that personal machines were coming out with that much space.

Now you can’t get the O/S out of your way without 4GB. But it’s because the machines are easier to use. The more simple you make something to operate and the more complex the problems you fit into that simple operation, the more compute you need and you don’t even know it.

3 Likes

This is what I love seeing!! <3

2 Likes

I once fixed a hard drive that was whining with Marvel Mystery Oil because I didn’t have any silicon grease handy and it was a weekend :slight_smile:

Tapping the hard drives/hard cards was almost official repair action!

1 Like

They went out of business before I could get mine, then came back, then went away again while Jack Osborne was suing people for saying the company didn’t exist anymore LOL

2 Likes

Outstanding. That is a fantastic idea. I have a few old iPhone speaker bases with the old connectors. I should totally turn them into something new.

Nice work and thanks for the cool inspiration.

1 Like

Awesome project!! Really cool idea and great execution.

1 Like

That is awesome. I am planning on doing something similar when my Glowforge gets here. I have a few Bluetooth devices that are being re-purposed into a portable speaker.

2 Likes

My college DJ business was built on the back of a pair of speakers built out of scrapped Bose 802’s.

5 Likes

First computer I owned, with help from my parents, was a

Northstar Horizon S-100 bus computer.

10 Likes