But can it make shoes?

haha, who’s going to be first to make a pair of glowboots?

35 Likes

Very nice. I could be a 3rd generation shoemaker. Was thinking about using the 3D printer to make my custom lasts.

7 Likes

I’ve thought about making leather boots like the high cost Renaissance Faire kind.

5 Likes

According to the manufacturer, vibram sole material is laser compatible. We used that + leather to make a nice pair of thongs.

27 Likes
8 Likes

Not entirely laser cut but that was since I only had proofgrade stuff to work with at the time. :smile:

5 Likes

Some days I think you’re just baiting us into making comments…

8 Likes

Was at a buddy’s sister’s wedding. He started laughing and pointed out to his cousin(who I went to school with), "Yo Jeff, you’re moms dancing to this.“
After the necessary moment of embarrassment passed I felt it necessary to reply, 'Don’t laugh too hard, so’s your mom!”

The song in question? The Thong Song.

2 Likes

Once again, we are into the realm of words which clearly mean something totally different here.

8 Likes

I am really happy to hear I’m not the only person who thought of making shoes. XD

1 Like

henryhbk is just as bad - sheesh, he even put it in italics :

1 Like

I actually speak in italics…

4 Likes

Yeah, around the Chesapeake bay they’re called Flip Flops. But for those that were really confused, Dan meant these…

Not these…

First heard them call “thongs” about 2 years ago and went through an identical period of “what?”

15 Likes

That doesn’t appear to be your standard thong! That looks like a party version Hahaha

9 Likes

Because they are blue? :smile:

4 Likes

It’s a generational thing. From Wikipedia:

The term flip-flop has been used in American and British English since the 1970s to describe the thong or no-heel-strap sandal. It is an onomatopoeia of the sound made by the sandals when walking in them.

6 Likes

Oops, didn’t notice the adjustment. Picture changed.

4 Likes

Aww, the other picture made me LOL when I saw it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good thing you changed the image.

Because I just realized from your post that the two different kinds of thongs aren’t just identical in name - they are also topologically identical!

2 Likes

i mean…this is why they’re both called thongs.

thong just means a strap, though if you go back far enough, i believe it stemmed from language about clamps.