Camping on the Roof

Yes. What I see on yours is consistent with what I saw on the octagonal tile when I used a much higher power. This pic was from a microscope. All of the pictures so far in this topic were raster engraves.

15 Likes

Curious: are raster engraves more powerful than vector lines, even if the same power and speed settings are used?

1 Like

We may be having another misunderstanding with the terminology. When I say that I used line drawings, I was talking about my wife physically drawing pencil lines in the original artwork. That artwork was then engraved as a raster file. All of the pictures above including yours were engraved in a raster fashion, not following a vector path point to point. But to answer your question, I don’t know how the percentage of power translates. Right now, we know that the 1%-5% power selected for an engrave is significantly higher that those numbers would suggest. It seems to be artificially limited until the next update. Don’t know whether that translates to 5% or 50%. All of my scores go significantly deeper in all materials than engraves.

4 Likes

That’s a great test!

@rpegg, If you could find, buy or make a slate cutter then you can have those really fancy beveled edges and cut down the slate to what ever size you need. I’ve included pics for a slate cutter and some slate that I cut to size before I carved and painted them.

13 Likes

Chuckle

8 Likes