Cardboard Lamps and Sculptures

What I have been working on would depend on near-perfect flat parts after cutting. They wouldn’t be stacked to be able to make up for imperfections. Foamboard, for example, would be perfect, but I need a lot of it, and it’s just for fun - I don’t sell anything.

I’m almost resigned to giving up and changing my approach.

I think a lot of people will buy them so sign me up as your first paying customer :blush:

1 Like

Very, very nice. It’s amazing what is possible with simple material, great ideas, a sense of design, good tools and careful execution. You’ve showed us how true that is.

3 Likes

You can order crates of 25 4’x8’ sheets from a sign or graphic supply house for around $250-350. It is susceptible to potato-chipping around moisture though, not very reliably flat if there’s even a whisper of humidity. Gatorboard is much more stable and also comes in similar crates. It generally costs 15%-50% more than foam core tho.

(If you can get onto the Pinewood lot you can likely get single sheets of either from the grip department at cost)

2 Likes

Yeah… my budget is $20 or so. Like I said, I don’t sell things. My GF is a toy to experiment with.

1 Like

Wow, that is really something. Must be a result of the manufacturing process. they must “glue” the bow into place.

3 Likes

Fantastic! It amazes me that you used cardboard. Thanks for the YouTube videos!

3 Likes

These are all great! I love cardboard!

2 Likes

Amazing!! You have taken a simple even plain material and made it beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You are a true artist. And very pop culture which I love. Art is one of the best ways to get a message out there.
I will be watching your U- tube cast.
Thank you
Ruth Renwick

1 Like