Ceramic house tiles

Lovely.
Sharpie? Paint?

2 Likes

Thank ya. Sharpie this time. I’m going to try some new methods for coloring in soon though

4 Likes

They are fantastic. I haven’t tried tiles yet. Will have to give them a go soon.

1 Like

Thank you sir, I was pleasantly surprised with how they turned out. I’m still getting the hang of coloring them in using the sharpie and magic eraser method lol

1 Like

So are you masking the piece? If you are you can just paint then unmask. Of course I have no idea since I have never tried, but seems like it might work.

I have done a couple where I will make the whole thing but I still used sharpie lol, then just took the masking off once dry. I may try to mask then use spray paint. There are many different ways according to Etching Tile to color them in. Some have used markers, some have used paint, some mask, some don’t lol. I’ll keep experimenting and see what works best for me. You need to try some tiles though, they are super fun lol

2 Likes

I will definitely have to try these. Need to get some cheap tiles.

1 Like

These turned out great! I’ve just done one tile but you’ve inspired me to get back to them!

1 Like

Great Harry Potter! My son wanted his own tile.

6 Likes

Very nice! I will try photos at some point lol

1 Like

Harry Potter fans approve!

3 Likes

I feel like there will be more of these coming soon lol

Tile is the bomb, messy though. Your tiles look great!

1 Like

Um yeah! Tiles are awesome! Hahaha! Coming from someone who engraved her first tile last night :laughing:

4 Likes

Are you sealing yours? I need to figure that out. If I spill my drink (aka alcohol) on my tile, I don’t want it to streak :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thank you @rebecca, the more I mess with them the better they seem to come out!

@WelcomeHomeCustom I haven’t sealed any of mine yet, but, I wasn’t really using them as coasters, more for decoration. I have read that some people will just hit them with some simple clear spray lacquer and that seems to do the trick. Others have used sealant for grout, and they say that That works as well. And where are the pics of your tile? We all want to see!

1 Like

Here’s my tile! Lost some of my details because I draw heavy with black. I did switch it to a vector in illustrator before engraving.

9 Likes

I love it! very nice! You’ll be addicted now haha

I used paper towel and rubbing alcohol to remove the marker. Worked great for me.

1 Like

You should give “magic erasers” a try (they’re all the same so don’t think you need to buy Mr. Clean brand lol) Just get it a little wet and very, VERY, lightly rub the piece. Takes a little while if you have a lot of excess ink on the tile to clean off, but, it does a good job of not taking too much detail away

3 Likes