Christmas Ornament Dala

WOW! Nice.

1 Like

Awwww… so cute!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I want to try making one (or 10). Is there a reason for the different colors in the svg? Thank you again!

1 Like

Usually, different colors signify different operations…ie. black for cut, blue for score, red for engrave, and so on.

2 Likes

I am curious as well. Is this for order of operation? I would do the outside cut last but for those in the center?

1 Like

@mrtoad

In this case it doesn’t matter much because you have to cut everything. But I use colours and layers to control what cuts first for this drawing. I don’t like when the laser cuts everywhere and don’t finish it. In other drawings it can be handy if you want to cut or score or engrave. You will be able to control that with different colours

@mkstach

Just drag the outline picture in the left of your screen to the last spot in the glowforge GUI. And it wil cut as last.

3 Likes

Thank you that makes sense. I was trying to figure out as if all looked like cuts. Thank you again.

1 Like

love how you added color!

2 Likes

Thanks! It helped me differentiate what each part was, like I didn’t realize the center was candles until I started coloring it! And by using acrylic pens, it didn’t take that long to do.

1 Like

Great File and very useful technique for controlling cuts

1 Like