Class action lawsuit

As per my own (biased) experience, there are two types of GF users:

1. those “older users” that bought their machines in the early days, at a very decent price, when GF was still an innovative and responsive company. They got the best out of the deal. They have to talk with real ppl that were developing the machine. They got replacement and upgrades for little money or for free. They got the new machines, they got the attention, they got the real deal, their money has already paid off. I guess this is why they still feel grateful to GF.

2. the “new” users, we that bought an expensive laser cutter. We expect a product that performs, free of defects, or at least, with not recurrent ones. Especially for those who bought the PRO. Even more for those of us that already have another laser cutter, and we know it is possible.

My experience as 2-year owner has been bad. Not with the ppl, the support team and the community are great. However, when my very first machine arrived defective, and the replacement was an old machine with the CO2 cable charred, only to get another that failed, I have to say that the quality control is bad.

Even worst. The third machine got the lid detached (a well known issue), so I’m now on my fourth machine in 2 years. I “only” had to pay $1,765 more. I know machines aged, and I would be happy to pay a decent price for a lid replacement, but to replace the whole machine is just ridiculous. Their business model deviated to a kind of abusive one, as they know you can’t do much but to pay. I got my “new refurbished” today. I can tell the machine is not new.

[EDIT] btw, I’m selling my new-refurbished GF PRO one, still on warranty, for $3,500 (obo): Selling new-refurbished Glowforge PRO, on warranty - Texas

As per a class action lawsuit? well, I bet if a lawyer owns a GF, and get to replace several units, and pay around an extra half more for getting the machine fixed, he/she/them would find a way to file one, no doubt in my mind about it. :rofl: :joy: :rofl: