Compact Filter Reviews?

Mine makes that sound if I turn the dial slowly.

1 Like

Does your fan start turning about when the dial is turned to 9 o’clock position? (pointing at the clean icon) That’s about where mine starts spinning as I turn the dial clockwise from full off.

Yeah, roughly in that area. It’s a little “loose-feeling” if you know what i mean by that, but it hasn’t “not turned on” so far. (Using this one since December…I was one of the first wave of tester volunteers.)

I’d suggest keeping an eye on it if it bothers you, but I honestly hadn’t really given it any thought until you mentioned it. Just felt like turning on a fan from zero. Some of the variable house fans that we have around here do that too. (They’re slow to spin up.)

1 Like

Thanks Jules, your description matches mine. It was just weird enough I wanted to check :slight_smile:

I’m glad they created this filter, it will work much better than the original in my situation since most of the time I can vent outside.

1 Like

Yeah, I switched back to venting outside after I completed the initial testing. It’s going to be useful for stinky things like acrylics, but I really don’t do that much acrylic work, so I mainly vent outside.
(I do mostly woods and plywood.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I found these pre-filters on Amazon. Cheap and you can cut to fit with scissors. I just drop one on the top and let the suction hold it down. I don’t know how much it will help with dirty cuts, but it might extend the filter life a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079M61PQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

You would think that, once the original GF filter gets sorted, it would be pretty easy to develop a retrofit kit for the compact filter which would replace the manual fan speed control with a software-controlled version. This way both filter types would have the same type of functionality. If they don’t want to deal with making this available, maybe the can release the communications protocol so that us tinkerers can develop our own. @dan ?

1 Like

Great idea - will put it in the hopper!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.