Contest: Design a replacement part for something that is broken

I am a bit upset with myself. I remember one of the entries I had wanted to give advice, but held back since I was a judge and that would seem to show favoritism.

But now I cannot remember what I wanted to say >< Let alone to whom.

If it was advice to me, I’ll gladly hear it, @jacobturner. Thanks @marmak3261 for the exercise. If you come up with other ideas to get juices flowing, I’ll be delighted to think in other ways about my GlowForge.

Alright! Thanks @marmak3261!
And this is right on, I have been thinking the same thing myself:[quote=“marmak3261, post:38, topic:897”]
I figure that I would perfect one design and material so that I would always have something that’s gift worthy. As much as I would like to try all kinds of things, I might be best served by mastering one thing then moving on.
[/quote]

@cmreeder: I still cannot remember what my idea had been. Only thought at the moment on yours would be to include a small run-off channel at a corner so you can dump the grease out of the tray more readily. And maybe avoid sharp corners so cleaning it is easier.

Fastest way to achieve both goals would be to cut a very thin layer of some plastic that can handle the temperatures of the grease and make it a slightly oversized insert, which you then press-fit into the well made with these two parts. If acrylic can handle the grease it is ideal, since you can thermo-mold to get the curve just right.