"Craftsman" brand is being sold to B&D

When the Craftsman started causing issues, I was contacted to start teaching my sister-in-law woodworking for school (my wife comes from a large family). This offer of a Saw Stop came in and there really was no choice for me.

Just as a Table Saw it works so much better than anything I’ve used before, and the security of mind for transforming the most dangerous tool I own into one of the safest tool I own? I’ll gladly pay the ~$70 for a new cartridge and $60 blade should they ever get triggered. If I teach her right and if I pay attention myself, I shouldn’t ever have to replace that cartridge, but if I ever do need it, it will save me thousands in medical costs, and having full motion and feeling in my fingers is priceless.

10 Likes

I left working at Sears Holdings HQ a few months before putting in my order for a Glowforge. I’m still disappointed that we couldn’t turn around an American classic brand for reasons that I won’t go into. It’s a bit ironic that the company that served the whole country with a mail order business is being schooled by a modernized mail order business called Amazon.

8 Likes

Economically, the only value that Sears and Kmart have (same holding company) is in their real estate, and apparently a few marque brands that they are looking to offload before they are completely stripped of their value.

3 Likes