Crafty Cretin - Things I made Vol. 3

Just gravity and physics. My hand just pulled down on the body… the way the strings are attached and the pieces are balanced are what allow for the flappin’. It’s not new at all, nothing I came up with. After much searching, I finally found a youtube vid that helped me tremendously on getting the balance mechanics…

Please hold…
found it…

9 Likes

Wow, love it! A friend of mine has a goose sculpture that works this way, he needs to up his game!

3 Likes

Nice job! Great flying motion!

4 Likes

Love seeing it in motion! I’ll bet a pterodactyl would work great for this as well—you should do one!

5 Likes

I’ll have to get it from him - then I will!

3 Likes

Love the video. It looks so cool with the wings moving.

6 Likes

I must do a dragon with a cat on its back, like my avatar (my last name is Dragon).

4 Likes

'Tis already on the agenda! Next week is all flying things and nothing but flying things in the lab.

4 Likes

Dragons are cool! Nice job!

3 Likes

Not a new design here… but a new version, as in copper spray paint for the dragon, black spray paint for the base, and fancier chains. The chains are holding up the dragon, but they are not glued or welded… it’s a “tensegrity”* art piece. (*Rabbithole warning!)

Other tensegrity pieces are on the agenda… (along with hundreds of other projects)

12 Likes

you are definitely a crafty cretin!!! - its MOST excellent!!!

Jonathan

3 Likes

you inspired me… – in progress.
(he will breath fire (real fire))

5 Likes

WHOA! Happy to inspire…

And I started working on My version of your Mobile, it will fly above (on a flagpole) and below there will be LED fire torches and the fire breathing dragon as the centerpiece (well, this is my concept) here are pictures of the right wing, I wanted them to be more ‘leathery’ so the are engraved, and scored, and then stained purple.

5 Likes

Looks scary already. :blush:

1 Like

You should see the inside of my refrigerator!

1 Like

WHOA! Epic! Can’t wait to see yours in flight!

just an update, started working on the dragon

2 Likes

Test #1 – FIRE!!!

1 Like

AND the other dragon . . .

2 Likes