Creating our own Proofgrade labels?

Is there anyway we can get some way to create our own “Proofgrade” labels?

For instance, I find the magic numbers for Inventables Acrylic Black, and I want to be able to replicate it each and every time quickly, is there a way we can either get the criteria or form for the creation of those labels, or some way for the Glowforge to read QR codes so we can make our own cards?

Tossing in our inventory, and throwing in a card along with it to scan the settings would be SUPER awesome!

6 Likes

The QR labels have no information other than a material code.

3 Likes

There have been a number of discussions on exactly that. If I recall correctly, essentially a review of options or some plan for allowing efficient selection of previous settings is in the hopper. Right now, many of us track our settings for non-:proofgrade: stuff so that we can easily replicate later.

In the mean time I edit the file name on the home page and include the settings. The settings don’t auto-populate, but at least you don’t have to dig for them in a notebook.

6 Likes

Hopefully glowforge are going all the way with proof grade and giving each lot of a material they receive a unique qr code so that material setting can be specific to each lot to account foranufacturing variance (thickness on wood, ect)

2 Likes

There’s a “GF laser settings” tab on the spreadsheet here:

It’s pretty recent. So, short at the moment, but you could add and find working settings here. All kinds of other neat stuff on the other tabs, too.

5 Likes

I plan to put up some recent settings from the last few weeks tonight . Not a lot but some .

Thanks for the nod!

1 Like

Actually, each piece of material - not just each lot - has a unique identifier. When we assign the identifier to the material, we also record what kind of material it is.

4 Likes

I’m just going to scan all the proofgrade labels I have, and print them out on card stock. That way I can toss them on top of the stock before cutting and never have to worry about it again.

If we build a library of them and put them on the internet, we won’t need to worry about it.

2 Likes

I believe that would work fairly well for acrylic but when applied to wood probably leather and especially plywood I’d think there would be to much variability in the materials to be useful.
Unless you’re simply using them for a starting point.
Though, if that’s the case, you can just select the type of :proofgrade: proofgrade from a dropdown when setting up your job in the UI

Oh, I don’t access to that stuff yet, so I’m kinda just spit ballin’ here.

1 Like

I see, took a screenshot for you.
If th GF doesn’t detect proofgrade material you can indeed select from a dropdown

1 Like

Makes a quick cheat sometimes, too. Yeah, I’ll just run that piece LIKE draftboard even though it isn’t :proofgrade:.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for that!