Curving Text

You cannot curve text in the Glowforge interface. You must accomplish this in your graphics program.

5 Likes

Thank you kindly for your response. I guess I should of researched my purchase a little more. Have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Inkscape is a free program that many of us use. This post includes a link to a video tutorial for this exact thing. How Do I Create Curved Text On A Glowforge design?

6 Likes

Do you know if I had Silhouette Studio Business Edition if that would work? I’m not fond of Inkscape. I hope it’s ok that I’m asking so many questions.

3 Likes

Absolutely ok to ask questions :slight_smile:
We have a few SSBE users on here. @Thumper369, can you answer this one?

3 Likes

It is the purpose of the forum to share information and to help one another. It is absolutely ok to ask questions. I am going to move this post out of Problems and Support, however, since that opens a support ticket for Glowforge employees, and this really is not a topic for them.

While you wait for someone knowledgeable regarding Silhouette, here is a link to some videos that may help you. curving text in Silhouette business edition - Google Search

3 Likes

Since you’re new you might like to read through this when you have a minute, lots of good info here:

Nothing specific in there about SSBE or curving text, but I bet you’ll see some things that are handy to know.

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

You can use Silhouette Business Edition. I’m not too familiar with the functions, but it looks like “Warp” is an option that let’s you curve text. From business edition you can save as an SVG and bring it easily into the Glowforge interface.

I have it, but I rarely use it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I’m not computer savvy and Inkscape is too much for me. I just need simple. That is why I thought about the Silhouette program because I’m good at the Cricket designer space. Again, thank you.

1 Like

You can do quite a lot with the Silhouette program, as long as you get the Business Edition. Good thing about that is there’s a TON of resources online for learning. Don’t ever be afraid to ask questions, this is a super knowledgable group. Search is extremely useful too, as a lot of people have wondered the same set of things on the road to laser life, hehe.

2 Likes

I use SSBE for most of my design work since I already work in it for my cameo.

I love it.

I am not home at the moment for screen shots but the easiest way to curve text is to make a shape or line with the shape you want then you make a text block and drag it onto the shape.

5 Likes

Ok, I’m going to go ahead and purchase the Silhouette program.
Thank you.

There is another link with a discount. Let me see if I can find it.

1 Like

link to post with discount codes.

Discounted Business Edition - Silhouette Studio

2 Likes

Thank you. Because of you I’m actually feeling more confident doing things.

4 Likes

Here are a couple of examples. Once you have the text, just double click on it so you see this handle here. Then you can drag it onto another shape.

7 Likes

Virtual Hug!!! :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

You can wrap text in Silhouette for Business. Look at these instructions…

1 Like