Cut lines and words. HELP PLEASE

I am having so many problems with words and cut lines someone Help please

Can you expound a bit please?

What software are you using and do you have a picture of what you’re trying to do?

2 Likes

Yes. We’ll help but give us something to work with. Post your design or describe what you want to do.

Do you want to engrave text? Do want to cut out letters. Do you want to make something like a cake topper out of acrylic that has letters joined?

Here is a spreadsheet of all kinds of how to appropriate for different needs and design programs.

2 Likes

Try decreasing the speed by 5 or 10 pts.

1 Like

Since this doesn’t actually require a support ticket, I’m going to move it over to Everything Else so as not to gum up the support queue. :slight_smile:

So everytime i do words in inkscape it dont work. I have to do it in photoshop

Text must be converted to a path. Here is a video tutorial about text. I hope it helps you. Inkscape Tutorial: text to outlines

5 Likes
1 Like

Thanks that helped

1 Like

I’m glad! I hope you will take advantage of the incredible wealth of knowledge available here in the forum. The search tool is a good place to start, but there are also so many people here who will help you when you get stuck.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you are running into trouble.

As @dklgood pointed out, Text must be converted to a path in order to obtain the print results you have been hoping for. I’m glad the community has provided some great examples to help you work through some of the snags.

I’ll close this thread for now, but if you run into any more trouble, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com.

great info thanks for sharing