Cut Shapes Template

Very nice! I hadn’t thought of putting them all together like this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Simple but very useful.

3 Likes

Holy buckets I think this is really clever. I wonder how long this would’ve taken me to think of doing once I got my laser! Some super-duper clever folks around here!

4 Likes

I was ready to create my own version of this then remembered you’d done one.

Thanks and giving this a bump since people are getting their forever machines now.

6 Likes

Thanks – I need to make a new one with fewer options and separate colors for ease of selection.

4 Likes

Cut Shapes Template V2

As promised, here’s the latest version of a cut shape template for your :glowforge: enjoyment.

Improvements over V1:

• Unique colors for each object ease selection
  • Rounded objects at corners prevent “lost line” at the top
  • No repeated objects (copy & paste if you need extras)
  • Pre-rotated version of “Golden Ratio” oval and rectangles

Just in case saving from the browser is problematic, here’s the file in a zip archive:
GF Cutting V2.zip (759 Bytes)

Enjoy…

33 Likes

THANKS. I’ll certainly be using these

4 Likes

Thank you! I will certainly use this!

4 Likes

SO cool! I was just getting ready to go make one of these templates and you allowed me to continue in my lazy mode! Thank you very much. I had made a few separate ones, but sure like your idea better. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Thanks! Saved to Google drive so I can get it from all my devices.

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

I’ll adopt these instead.

Thanks again :grin:

2 Likes

OMG TY so much!!!

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together. I had done a couple of these already, but this is really helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

is there a link I’m not seeing to download to my mac?

RightClick on the image and “save as”

Safari is really goofy in this regards. I’ve switched to Chrome for all GF tasks on my Macs.

You’re a genius. thank you!

Arghhh. I hate to expose my ignorance, but how do I download this file?
Sincerely-
Newbie!

Simple - right click on the image and select “save as”. Different browsers have slightly different names, but that’s the idea.

You do realize basic shapes are now built-in to the UI? At least for a trial period?

2 Likes