Cutting Board Printing

Hi everyone! I have made a number of items but I am having issues with cutting boards. I have an old recipe that was my great grandmothers. I would like to take the TEXT only and put it on the board. When I move the PDF over of the handwritten recipe, it prints the lines and the dots of the paper she wrote it on. It adds a neat effect, but I would really like to have just the text. Thoughts anyone? Thank you and Merry Christmas!

That question has been asked quite a few times on this forum. Here’s a link to one of them with various suggested solutions:

2 Likes

Here is my post on this issue.

You will need a bitmap editing program like Gimp or Photoshop to remove the things you don’t want in the scanned image.

Here is a long tutorial on one way to approach the problem. Say your ruler lines on the paper are a certain color. You can select just that color and it will remove everything of that color. Since the writing is most likely one color, it will leave the writing behind.

I use GIMP. It is not easy to get started in, but it is very powerful.

I sometimes just do manual erasing to get a clean image to engrave. You can do that in Paint, but that can be tedious.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.