Discussion of December 2020 Update

Welcome! I can’t wait to see what you create!

We’re working like mad to get those spare parts in regular stock - along with everything else, shipping delays have made timely deliveries impossible. Once the holiday passes and we’re back to “regular” pandemic problems, we should be able to get it under control.

We’ve been down twice (meaning factory workers are sent home and the lines are idle) this month for parts deliveries. :confused: They are shipped separately, but neither one has gone very smoothly.

It’s OK, we’ve got thick skin. :slight_smile:

I wish we could! Our forum is hosted by a third party provider, so we’re not able to make changes to the software that runs it.

So true!

4 Likes

Thank you for responding Dan :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about a section in the support pages that lists order numbers (anonymous) and status?

My life has completely changed since I have had my GF and it has only been 40 days. I’m in the process of creating cardboard mini kinaras for the young African Americans in my city of Asheville, NC. The kinara is the center piece of the Kwanzaa celebration celebrated from December 26 - January 1st. I’m making them out of the recycled cardboard from all of my amazon orders in the last 5 months. I am so excited about my ability to create something meaningful to share with the young people in my community. I am looking forward to making 2021 a spectacular year with Hypolitta! That’s my GF’s name.:blush:

12 Likes

I hope you have time to photograph a couple of the kinaras and share here, and congratulations on your new laser adventure.

4 Likes

I agree with @dklgood — you have my curiosity up; I’d like to learn more about it. Great on working in your community!

2 Likes

I am hugging my Glowforge plushie right now and it is ADORABLE and the exact softness/firmness.

I also love the pocket under the lid so you can slide material in lol.

4 Likes

Alas I don’t get on the forum like I used to. (There was a time when I had read every single post, and kind of lived here waiting for my Glowforge. Now I spend that much time USING it.)
So I missed the announcement about the plushie.
:frowning:
I shall get one if they come back in stock.
They’re adorable.
I gotta second this:

I have a bunch of friends I’ve never met, out there contributing to the 13,387,979 prints. ( I think I made a couple thousand… :slight_smile: )

This is fantastic. I love this community and my laser.

And I’m hoping for a plushie to arrive back in the store.

9 Likes

I need one of those cute toy Glowforges in my life!!! <3

1 Like

Hi Glowforge staff! Hoping your holidays are happy and safe and everyone is well.

I’m not sure if it has been asked before, but would it be possible to sort the catalog so that in the different sections (or even the “all designs” area) so we can see newest added at the top of the section?

I usually pop in to see what’s new and it would save some time to be able to just choose newest to oldest added to catalog.

Thank you for the new designs.

1 Like

Hi, as of yesterday, I’m a new Pro member and I’m super excited and a bit scare as well. I also purchased the air vent and that’s the part that scares me the most as I read some nor so favorable reviews about it. I hope the company continues improving, listening to the customers and with that, continues to grow. Have a happy, safe, and prosperous 2021!

1 Like

The air filter is OK when compared to other air filters. It does it’s job. Problem is that none of them are cheap to operate. Filters fill up very, very fast if you are engraving dirty material like the GF draftboard. At $250 each it would break my bank. If you have any choice at all, vent out a window or some other way without the filter. If you have no choice then be aware of the expense.

5 Likes

I also want to know, since I just placed my order yesterday can I cancel the filter and just keep the machine?

Need to contact Support ASAP. In case you don’t know we are just users like you. GF employees will have Staff beside their names. But they do not monitor this topic category.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! You are so kind answering my questions. Happy new year and many blessings to you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.