Dumb question about leaky coolant

Yep! :smile:

2 Likes

no, you aren’t the only one.

flames are not the only danger. Inhalation, skin contact and water/soil contamination are issues as well.

there are products available with similar qualities. Moto/bike chain cleaner, Brakleen, Carb Cleaner, CocaCola (ok, that one leaves residue, but you might be amazed by what it will dissolve!)

2 Likes

My dentist is very thankful to the Coca-Cola Company for how well it dissolves :frowning: :open_mouth:

7 Likes

I have an old auto repair manual for the 1920s. It seems to contain the sum of all auto repair knowledge up to that point.

Among the fantastic line drawings, 1920’s English, and repair techniques it has a guide on strong up your own Auto repair shop, with dimensions, and required equipment.

One of those tools is a pressurized can of gasoline for degreasing parts. I’ve seen similar devises at rework shops, but they fill them with Naptha now.

3 Likes

Call your local Snap-On guy and ask for a pressurized can of gasoline for cleaning parts, see what he has to say…
There are several things that were considered safe/normal 90 years ago that we see differently these days!

images-1

500-1933-mar-p-97-dangerous-to-be-skinny-ad-ironized-yeast-top-measurements

images-2

11 Likes

All the good stuff that really works is dangerous. I’d be willing to demonstrate on a cold day how putting a lit match out in a bucket of gasoline is fairly safe. On a hot day…not a chance. But then, some seem to think I don’t have the “normal” boundaries considered to be “safe”.

As to that “dangerous to be skinny” one, the “skinny” one looks anorexic TBH. Of course, the rest of it is marketing gimmick akin to cigarettes being nothing but good for you so there’s that too.

2 Likes