Earrings In Many Colors

Hi, I’m new to glowforge. I have not turned on my laser yet. Cute earrings. I want to prepare for an up and coming show in May. Did you hand paint the earrings!’v what type of paint do you use. How do I get started. I have bought patters from Etsy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community. Since this particular post is a bit old now, you may or may not get a response to your specific questions. I suggest you look at the free laser design catagory here in the forum. You can get some free files to try and might be inspired to design some of your own. Best of luck and have fun!

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment. I actually used markers to color the wooden earrings, I would test on scrap for some of the markers due to the colors bleeding.

Some of the earrings I designed myself others I purchased from Easy and modified. Always look for stress points when you print if the area looks tight you may want to loosen up the curves somewhat. Do a couple of practice ones before you go full on.

Hopefully I answered your questions, let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you so much, markers, lol I would not bave guessed that one. Awesome job!

Sharpies have a tendency to bleed, which is ok if you are doing one color a side.

I usually use Infinity permanent markers they have neon and metallic. Plus Letraset Metallic Marker. Those two types I find give really good coverage. Regular spray paint is a bit smelly to wear around your nose all day which is why I don’t use it. Experiment and have fun.

1 Like

Have you thought about using acrylic paint and finishing it with modgepodge?
Thanks for the insight with markers. It seems easy enough for my mom who is 75 to do as well. I’m teaching her how to make to be a crafter:-)

That’s cool on teaching your mom. I have so many other processes that I do like resin, sandblasting and wire wrapping and leather that something simple appealed to me more.