Ebay hardwood sampler

Methinks thou dost pretest too much.

Just feeling it, I bet it cuts easily, along the lines of maple.

2 Likes

Some neat info here. Pretty big tree!

https://www.woodworkerssource.com/shop/category/Canarywood.html

1 Like

I cut my canary at almost twice the speed of maple PG ply, or just a bit faster than maple hardwood.

1 Like

:rofl::laughing:

I think my zebra wood came. I managed to kick the package through the front door when I got home from work and found it on the porch, but my shoulder bag was at max capacity already, so I had to leave it in the entryway. I haven’t crutched my way back out there to retrieve it yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT WOMAN.

Uh, sorry, War got ahold of the keyboard again. What I would have typed was “well, then I hope you find time and energy enough to go get it sometime soon, no rush.”

3 Likes

Going now. I will report back soonish. :wink:

Gorgeous wood. Wrapped in a newspaper full of photos of delicious-looking Mexican food. :drooling_face:

9 Likes

Very happy with what showed up today. Fast shipping, good communication, and walnut with some fantastic grain and variations. This will be a repeat purchase for me.

6 Likes

Man I’m jealous.

1 Like

Got the sampler today. Three general widths, but all pretty consistently .11”. I am pretty happy with it. Think this seller is a keeper.

8 Likes

Oo that spalted maple is nice…

1 Like

for real. that spalted maple looks even better in your pic than it did in his. totally jealous. his mix and match set now is nowhere near as nice as yours.

Yes, it really is a pretty nice assortment.

I don’t even know what to use them for. Will be a minute before I feel good about it. I thank you for the heads up all the same!

7 Likes

I think I’ll be bookmarking their store!

I bought from this seller almost a year ago…sorry guys, I never shared my find (not because I didn’t want to, I just never thought to). Heh. I was super happy with what I got too! Very good seller!! I bought some veneers as well, and will definitely be buying from them again!

3 Likes

I’m now in a drama with PayPal trying to get my money back from the-seller-who-will-not-be-named, so I decided to cheer myself up with new goodies from this guy*. Super impressed by the quick response time and shipping time.

*I was not convinced it was a guy and I hate making assumptions, so I stalked him online and confirmed. :wink:

Thanks for sharing the info.

4 Likes

I actually thought it was a female. Not sure why I came to that conclusion, but now I know too.

1 Like

The seller is named Kim Oberlin.

If anyone wants to buy stuff from him but doesn’t have an ebay account or anything, he also takes custom orders via email at deer56hunter@att.net

Like @ChristyM says, he’s a good communicator, and his products seem really consistent so far.

4 Likes

Maybe you, like me, know a lot of female Kims and not as many male Kims. :slight_smile:

2 Likes