Eclipse from Wyoming

I live in Kentucky and drove to hopkinsville to see the eclipse. Normally the drive is a little over 3 hours… It took 9 hours to get home… It was spirit crushing…

2 Likes

Aw man! 60 seconds before totality and therefore only ~4 minutes before the two most dramatic changes in light… darn!

I thought about what you said many times while sitting motionless in traffic… :slight_smile: We, and the people around us, got out of our cars several times during the long breaks. Some lasted several minutes.

2 Likes

Thanks to the good folks on this forum, I learned about it six months or so ago and we had a great weekend at a tiny bungalow on the Oregon coast, with minimal traffic to and from.

I’m transferring the 4k eclipse drone video now.

8 Likes

Ouch. I had a brother in WY for the eclipse. 5 hours to go 75 miles. It kind of sucks, but it also makes me feel happy that so many people were interested enough to travel to see the eclipse in real life and not just be satisfied with pictures and video.

I too didn’t think about the solar filter for my telescope during totality and thus couldn’t not get recentered in time to find it. Duh! Rookie eclipse viewer here.

4 Likes