Edge lit lamps.. too expensive to justify?

I would be surprised if they have actually licensed these from Disney/LucasFilm. I could be wrong but I don’t see any of the usual trademark info etc. That it isn’t some small vendor at a little out of the way place but rather thru the largest online retailer in the world – I think this may raise some red flags for the trademark holders…

You know what they say when you assume, right?

3 Likes

They will when/if Jeff Bezos buys Disney. Until then…well things happen

I’d just like sellers on Amazon to agree on providing the same specs for the same categories of items.

I do not think i ve got to add much to the discussion. My point is that we have to create emotional value for a customer. If we do so the price for the product is not compareable. As evansd2 said you can achieve this by being an awesome and unique designer or with individualisation (pictures of the customer / name). Of course you can also create a brand which customers love and they want to identify with.
A product has always 2 elements when it comes to the price. The “physical” and the emotional value. Yes, an edge lamp made out of plastic is only worth 3 dollars. An edge lamp made with an unique design is worth more, depending on the design and your “brand”. When you start stealing artwork you do not have to care about designs and brands. So the bottom of your price is more or less the price of the material + plus a little compensation for your time stealing it and lasering the stuff.

I suggest it’s not the best idea to openly discuss your illegal activities.
With that, I’m abandoning this conversation.

1 Like

I love that this conversation went from being about the hardware of edge lit lamps to legal issues concerning the item being lit up. I’m just trying to figure out a way to purchase a lot of lamps for a lower price tag. There has to be a wholesaler somewhere that sells the premade lamp for 2-3 bucks a piece when i buy 100 of them. Any ideas on this?

China, man. China.

Aliexpress.com

Dx.com

Banggood.com

India maybe

A lot of sellers from china crosspost on eBay these days too.

1 Like

Of course if you’re super serious alibaba.com is wholesaler haggle heaven. $1 in bulk though no idea how many you need to buy:

just want to say from experience purchasing items worth between .50c and 35$, I’ve sourced from alibaba and aliexpress, often on alibaba the minimums are very high and many sellers, particularly manufacturers, are not very interested in dealing with small quantities or cutting any significant discounts for small quantities. however on aliexpress I’ve gotten 30-40% discounts when contacting the buyer for bulk buying. and because they are often smaller time middleman that are use to package and ship individual <2$ items (with free shipping… how do they even do that?) they are happy to deal with any kind of higher volume.

but of course every item and seller is different…

3 Likes