End table with swappable decorative insert

I love everything about this. What a wonderful way to enhance small tables and large boxes.
Great ideas are the ones that foster more at least good ideas. I’m thinking of an artist I know who might want to collaborate.

16 Likes

Beautiful, and masterfully executed.

14 Likes

Looks like a great project

12 Likes

So pretty!

12 Likes

I really love this!! And thank you so much for the share. I must say, I like the one you did more than the marquetry piece. I think it has a more timeless, beautiful aesthetic.

13 Likes

That’s gorgeous! If you’re looking for more inspiration, you might take a gander through some cutwork lace scrolls. They’re already designed to be 2D so very little modification would be necessary :slight_smile:

13 Likes

those are interesting, haven’t seen that before… would make some good art

10 Likes

Gorgeous!

9 Likes

Such a neat idea and so well done! Hope you’ll continue to post as you make new ones. Lovely!

10 Likes

A beautiful upgrade for your table!

10 Likes

Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us.

9 Likes

I agree! Though I think I might change the color, make it a little warmer.

8 Likes

What a wonderful idea! And beautifully executed as always. The glass covering is essential, and I like how flexible it makes the whole project.

11 Likes

This is beautiful, @Purplie! I’ve been thinking about refinishing a table top, and this has opened up a whole new world of possibilities! Thank you for sharing!

9 Likes

I am stunned. I am without words… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :upside_down_face: :no_mouth:

8 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the share.

7 Likes

Can you share which pattern generator you used?

3 Likes

It was DALL-E 3. I don’t recall the exact prompt, but it was something like “A square wall art piece with a Hawaiian theme comprising a maple plywood panel with laser-cut scrollwork, Made on a Glowforge”

7 Likes

The third hurdle is usually the most difficult in my opinion. :rofl:

Great concept and execution. Congratulations @Purplie. I like your piece much more than the one that you used for inspiration.

9 Likes

Wow. Great contrast and end result is very nice

4 Likes