Engrave on 1/2" clear acrylic

I have been searching for the best setting to only engrave on 1/2" clear acrylic. Does anyone have any ideas where I can fin this?
Thanks

1 Like

I would start here:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=engrave%20acrylic%201%2F2%22

Looks like some good possibilities!

This one stands out:

1 Like

Engraving should be a piece of cake – I’d start with the PG settings for engraving Thick (1/4") clear acrylic and adjust if necessary.

5 Likes

I believe that other than focus, there would be no appreciable difference from 1/4" for engrave.

3 Likes

I have been engraving a lot of acrylic lately, and with thicker stuff you may want to do deeper engraving, especially with 3d engraving. I have found that increasing speed as high as 2500 along with increased LPI gets the depth without dropping power. When going slower I get a less detailed rougher cuts, that warp the plastic as the surface heats more.

5 Likes

absolutely - otherwise why use 1/2"? I was getting at the fact that the material is homogeneous and should perform in similar fashion :smiley:

to stop the bullets?

1 Like

Well, you must run with a tough crowd :rofl: Should have said “Why engrave 1/2” ?"

1 Like

Don’t be afraid of trying multiple passes, either–especially if you want to increase the LPI, you may have better result doing multiple faster runs with lower LPI and then don’t move the material or position of the artwork, but just change the LPI and try 1 pass and it should clean up the etched areas nicely… and if needed, repeat.

1 Like